Search This Blog

Friday 19 August 2016

There may be a small delay in transmission

I went to the ophthalmologist to say I needed new glasses, because I could no longer read 4-point type, not even in bright sun.

Now I know enough physics to know that the reason for using bright light is that the pupils constrict, and this makes focusing easier.

Given that, I should have realised that this was not just a matter of new spectacles. He knew what the problem was, of course, because he is used to seeing it, and he had diagnostic scans up on his screen.

I have been growing cataracts, a milkiness of the lens that can only get worse. So to cut a long story short, I had the first eye done today, and I will have the second done in three weeks.

Until I take the patch off tomorrow, wearing glasses is hard, so I may not be at the keyboard as much. Then again, perhaps I will drift back, because there's a list of things I must not do, like gardening, leaping, jumping and stuff.  Bang go most of my hobbies.

The only consolation is that I have a great pic for Talk Like a Pirate Day, coming up next month.

They say that getting old is a pain in the proverbial.  But as the clever ones say, the alternative is worse.

Anyhow, please make allowance for gaps, if they happen between now and Talk Like a Pirate Day.

1 comment:

  1. This might help while you are waiting to become a right-eyed pirate: http://clibrig.blogspot.com/2016/04/van-gogh-and-me.html

    ReplyDelete